Heritage Grants Program
Applications under the 2016-17 Heritage Grants Program have closed.
Applications closed at 4pm, Friday 29 July 2016. If you have submitted an application and have a query, our grants team is available on telephone 6552 4117 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Heritage Grants Program
The Heritage Council's annual Heritage Grants Program offers assistance to private owners of State Registered heritage places to undertake urgent conservation works, or develop conservation management plans or strategies.
Only places included in the State Register of Heritage Places are eligible. To check the status of your property, visit inHerit or contact us.
Who can apply?
Grants of up to $100,000 are available through a competitive process and owners are required to match funds to the projects.
Heritage grants are offered for projects that:
- seek to stabilise built structures, conserve significant features, restore deteriorated building elements such as roofing, flooring or joinery, or those that take measure to slow, prevent or correct damage to a place.
- demonstrate planning for the future by commissioning conservation management plans or strategies. Find out more about Conservation Management Documents.
All private owners and corporations can apply except:
- Commonwealth, State and local government agencies
- heritage grant recipients who are yet to complete works funded in previous years
- not-for-profit organisations that are eligible for Lotterywest funding.
A grant application may be considered where a not-for-profit organisation demonstrates a conscientious objection to funding from Lotterywest, or does not meet Lotterywest's funding criteria.
- general (non-heritage) maintenance
- insurance-related claims
- new construction or repairs to structures which are not of heritage significance
- projects already underway or completed (no retrospective funding)
- works that are the subject of a work order, or required under a Heritage Agreement
- educational or promotional activities, including interpretation
- administrative costs of the applicant.
If you would like more information about the Heritage Grants Program, contact the Senior Grants Administrator on 6552 4117, 1800 524 000 (freecall regional) or email
. You can receive updates on the Heritage Grants Program by subscribing to our eNewsletter, Heritage Matters.
2015-16 Funded Projects
Wilhelmsen House received a grant to assist with the careful removal of paint and re-pointing of the masonry to the facades, as well as repairs to the cracked upper level cornice.
View a selection of photo galleries that highlight the different types of urgent conservation works that can be funded through the grants program.